giovedì, settembre 08, 2005

A lot of questions...

I stitched yesterday but I've not progresses because I decided to get out "Once upon a time". I think it has already become an UFO. I realized that I had made a mistake in the roses and I had to unstitch and stitch again...
By the way, we can download the new free of Passione Ricamo.

And I've not received my Celtic Summer pattern yet...So I wonder when I'll be able to start stitching it!

I've not been answering the sbq since I went to Ireland. I decided to recovery my answers.



This week's question is:

Which way do you stitch (/// and then \\\ or \\\ and then ///)? Can
you (or if you haven't done it before, do you think you could) change
the way that you stitch temporarily if it is asked of you?


I have been stitching /// and then \\\ since I started stitching even if I'm left-handed and I think that left-handed ladies usually stitch \\\ and then ///. But my grandmother taught me to stitch and I stitch like she stitched.
I could not stitch temporarily in another way, I'm usually of fixed habits and it's difficult to change for me.....

The other questions were:

What do you use to hold your fabric while you stitch? A hoop, a
Q-Snap, a scroll frame, something else, or do you stitch in hand? Have
you always used just the one thing or have you tried one or more of
the others? Which do you like best? Why?


The answer is easy. I thinK I'm one of the few stitchers who don't use any kind of hoop, Q-snap, scroll frame...I always stitch in hand!!! And I can't change!!! To tell the truth I tried using only a hoop but I didn't like it! Using a hoop takes me a long time and I stitch quickly without it.

What's the largest project you've ever done? What's the smallest?

The largest finished project I've ever done I think it's my first Mirabilia, if we count the stitches. But I'm stitching a larger one: the Terre de France marquoir. If we consider the measures it's a baby quilt I stitched some years ago. You can see it in this album. It's the first picture in the section "hobby". The smallest is surely the little sachet I stitched for Carol's birthday. I think it's the smallest one if we count the stitches and if we consider the measures.

How often do you wash your fabric for each project? Do you wait until
the very end until to wash it or do you wash it more than once?


I don't usually wash my fabrics. I wash them only if I have had an incident and I have to wash them. My fabrics are always clean and I prefer not to wash them if they don't need. If they need I usually wash them at the end.

What do you do with the framed stitching that you keep? Do you hang it
up and leave it in one place, never to move it? Or do you have a
rotation, where you have one place for stitched pieces and switch them
out according to mood or season? Maybe a mixture of both?


First of all I have to admit that I've not so many framed works but I've also not so many places to leave them because we have not completely furnished the house yet and I have to decide where to hang the works. So I use a rotation and I think I'll use it even if we furnish the house soon because the works will be more and more!!!

Have you hand-dyed your own fabric? Why or why not? Would you like to
try to do so?


No, I haven't but I'd like because I love hand-dyed fabrics. I haven't done so yet because I don't know how to hand-dye. It seems to be difficult!!!

1 commento:

Carol ha detto...

Oh, how disappointing about Once Upon A Time! I was beginning to wonder about that one :-( I saw the new free topiaries yesterday too - I love them!!