lunedì, gennaio 01, 2007

welcome 2007!

A new year arrived and I hope everyone will spend a wonderful 2007.

It's the right day to review my 2006 goals and to write the list of 2007 goals.

2006 goals

- Dawn, Fairy Spirit of Grace by Passione Ricamo SAL with Carol (starting next spring)
no, we haven't started stitching her yet

-12 Flip-it by Lizzie Kate SAL with an Italian friend. Every month we'll stitch the monthly Flip-it
I stitched only 10 Flip-Its, I have to stitch the September and December ones

- finish Terre de France by Annick Abrial, Christmas Elf Fairy by Mirabilia, Christian's Stocking by Shepherd's Bush, Be my love by Carriage House Samplings
I finished only Be my love by CHS but I worked on the other patterns

- work on Once upon a time by Passione Ricamo, Celtic Summer by Lavender&Lace, Little Kate's patterns by Margaret Sherry
yes, I specially worked on Celtic Summer during the most recent months

- finish the Mill Hill kit about Halloween
yes!

- The rose of Sharon by Mirabilia SAL with Carol (sometimes during the year)
no, we haven't started stitching her yet

- some ornaments for my Christmas tree
yes, I stitched 12 Santas by Prairie Schooler

-a needlecase for me
no

-start and finish some LHN designs (Coffee Menu, The bookshelf...)
yes! I stiched and finished Coffee Menu, The bookshelf, Elizabeth McGuire, Lavender Hill, Daisy Lane Cottage, Woodland Snowfall

All my 2006 finishes:
- 10 Flip It blocks by Lizzie Kate
- 12 Santas by Prairie Schooler to sew into Christmas ornaments for my tree
- 3 RR
- 1 scissor fob
- 6 envelopes for mail art
- 5 little Christmas ornaments as gifts
- 2 recipes books as gifts
- 2 charity patterns
- 3 gifts for my new cousin born in March
- 14 patterns: Elizabeth McGuire and Kindness pillow (LHN), Daisy Lane Cottage (LHN), The Tea Room (CCN), The bookshelf (LHN), Coffee Menu (LHN), Lavender Hill (LHN), Woodland Snowfall (LHN), Little Kate (Margaret Sherry), Be my love (CHS), Valentine Holiday (BOAF), The stitcher (Homespun Elegance), Cookin' up magic (Mill Hill), a kitchen pattern (Italian magazine)

My 2007 goals are:

- finish two Flip-It blocks left (LK)
- 7 Dear Diary patterns and 8 pillows (LHN)
- stitch 4 Seasons by LHN (Season of rest, of plenty, ecc...)
- stitch a tablecloth with 27 patterns (Thread Packs by LHN)
- stitch an Advent calendar using patterns by Lizzie Kate
- at least six Santas by PS as a SAL with PS Yahoo Group
- work on Terre de France, Little Kate by Margaret Sherry, HOHRH by CHS, Once Upon a time by Passione Ricamo, Celtic Summer by L&L
- finish Quaker Garden by BD, Pear Tree Inn by LHN, Forest Snowfall by CCN, Chrismas Elf by Mirabilia, Winter Peace by SBF, Christian's Stocking by SB
- stitch Christmas gifts
- start stitching Christmas Village by VS

I hope to have not forgotten anything. The list is very long and I hope to stitch many patterns!

Now it's time to review the monthly goals.

December goals were:

- finish all the Flip-It Blocks by LK (September, November and December left)
no, I stitched only the November one

- finish twelve Christmas ornaments (I've already stitched ten and I have to stitch two)
yes!

- stitch and sew the last envelope for the Italian mail art exchange
yes!

- stitch and sew some Christmas gifts
yes!

I also stitched Woodland Snowfall by LHN and Kindness pillow by Dear Diary series (LHN) and I sewed the charity doll for Unicef.

January goals are:

- stitch twice Watermelon Thread Packs by LHN for my tablecloth
- stitch four little patterns for my Advent calendar
- start stitching 1999 Santa by PS and Season of Rest by LHN
- work on Celtic Summer, Terre de France and Forest Snowfall

My new rotation is:

- Monday: stitch an UFO (I can choose and it may be a Flip It or one of the patterns I listed)
- Tuesday: stitch the Thread Packs by LHN for my tablecloth
- Wednesday: Celtic Summer and gifts/exchanges
- Thursday: Terre de France
- Friday: Advent calendar
- Saturday/Sunday: Santas by PS and what I want to stitch


During the past days I was busy organizing the dinner for the end of 2006 and putting in order something at home so I couldn't post my last finish for 2006.
Here is it:






Woodland Snowfall by Little House Needleworks (Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornaments 2004)
stitched on Lugana 32ct, Mocha, Silkweaver

I also forgot to share the pictures of my charity doll for Unicef.
I tried to sew a Russian doll, she has the fur hat and a scarf I knitted but she doesn't seem a Russian, I think.












I also started stitching Forest Snowfall by CCN as a SAL with the LHN and CCN Yahoo group.

My first progress:

3 commenti:

Kitty Couture ha detto...

Happy New Year to you, Bea! Your doll is just the cutest :)

Anne S ha detto...

Your doll is really sweet - and that ornie is one of my all-time favourites. :D Look forward to seeing your CCN piece grow :)

Carol ha detto...

Happy New Year Bea! I love your LHN Christmas Ornament!

OK... hope you are sitting down... I think I can fit in Dawn, Fairy Spirit of Grace soon now - want to set up a date?