giovedì, luglio 20, 2006

Happy dance!

I've not been posting for some days so I've an important progress to share.
Finally I finished The Stitcher by Homespun Elegance. This design has been an UFO for a long time. I started stitching it last year as a SAL with an Italian friend, Veronica. We decided to use this pattern as fibers' experimentation. We changed all the colours called for this pattern and I used some of the threads I had received when I took part in the Fiber Fenzy by PawPrint.
This is the result:




I'm pretty happy how it turned out. It was not too easy to find some colours matching the Olde Willow I had chosen for the dress of the stitcher. It's Psychedelia and it's very variegated.

I also attached some lovely buttons I could find in Florence in September. I can't beleive I found them here in Italy, but I did. They are buttons by Dress It Up.

I've not received my supplies for the Quaker Garden yet. I'm really impatient. I saw the wonderful finish of Karen and I'm so happy to have decided to stitch it.

In the meantime I worked on my monthly Flip-It by Lizzie Kate and I started stitching Daisy Lane Cottage as a SAL with the LHN group. I also created an album for my 2006 finishes and I'm updating my future projects' album. I'm reviewing all my patterns and I'm adding them slowly.







4 commenti:

Sharon ha detto...

Congratulations on your Happy Dance! It turned out great! Love the colors.

AuntSuze ha detto...

Very creative, love the colors! Your wip are looking good too.

Singular Stitches ha detto...

Wow, you have been very BUSY! Lovely work!

Anne S ha detto...

Your latest projects look great - awesome news that your Quaker Garden supplies finally arrived so you can join in the SAL :)