domenica, febbraio 05, 2006

Many things

Finally I'm writing.

Last night I pulled out Lavender Hill by LHN and this is my progress:




I finished the tree and the grass. It's a lovely design and I'm thinking about the frame. It's difficult to find a square frame and I'd like a square one.

Then I stitched and sewed an envelope. I'm organizing an Italian exchange of mail art on EMS Italian forum. I thought to prepare an Italian tutorial about mail art, so I sewed an envelope to show how we can sew one.
These are the pictures of my envelope. I decided to use that as a fibers' case. I stitched a pattern by Au Fil des Reves but I used a personal conversion for the fibers. The fibers I used are all Gentle Arts Sampler Threads.

Front:



Back:

Image













Inside:



Some days ago Chiara tagged me.

What were you doing 10 years ago?
Ten years ago I was 20 and I used to go and dance almost every night. I attended a dancing school with a friend during the week and during the weekend we went to the discotheque.

Five snacks you enjoy.

Pizza
Chocolate
Ice cream
Tomato, oil and bread
Biscuits

Five songs to which you know all the lyrics off your head right now.


Battisti (ITA)- Balla Linda
REM-Loosing my religion
Litfiba (ITA)- Regina di cuori
Ligabue (ITA)- Piccola Stella Senza Cielo
U2- With or without you



Five things you would do if you had one million dollars.


Id buy a big house in the Tuscan country near Florence
I'd travel for many many days
I'd buy a lot of books
I'd do something for charity
I'd buy a lot of patterns, fibers, fabrics for cross stitch and patchwork

Five bad habits.

I'm fussy.
I spend too much money in cross stitch supplies.
I decide to iron only when we miss some clothes.
I don't organize my receipts.
I don't keep in order my wips.

Five things you like doing.

Reading books and comics
Cross-stitch
Patchwork
Cooking
Going to shopping

Five things you would never buy, wear or get new again.

I'd never wear clothes with designs like a leopard
I’d never wear a tattoo
I'd never wear a piercing
I'd never get a motorbike again
I'd never wear jeans again

Five favourite toys.

Barbie
Lego
Dolls
Fiammiferini
Monopoli




Image



With the exception of your online stitching friends, do you have any other stitching buddies?

Many of my friends like cross stitch. My cousins and one of my aunts like cross stitch too, but they usually stitch only patterns by Italian magazines and they don't know all the patterns and designers we can find online and I can't share with them all the interesting things I read and find online.

5 commenti:

Litla Skvís ha detto...

That envelope is so cute! What a wonderful idea!

Carol ha detto...

What a cute envelope!! And your Lavender Hill (is that the name?) is coming along beautifull :-) Nice to see you posting again!! Oh yes, I will email you about HOHRH!!! Did you order your supplies yet? :-)

Ulla ha detto...

I'm also in a period of soft colours.Lovely stitching you have done
Have a nice week

Katrina ha detto...

Hi Bea, Lavender Hill is looking lovely - I'm fastly becoming addictedto LHN patterns myself thru your stitching :) have a nice week.

Kitty Couture ha detto...

What an adorable envelope!! I love your Lavender Hill piece also - so pretty!

I've never tried mailart because I'd be too scared to see the envelope damaged or open in the mail... But your envelope is just too cute!